Forums

Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Howdy!

SSgtRobertMorris

Dang what a dead website. Last post a month ago.

ANYway, stumbled across the site trying to look up 573. Saw James Pipes' profile and had to join to send him a msg.

SO.

I   WILL hang out, but not all by myself. So I am going to let folks over at USMilVets.org know about this place. Y'all might accidentally grab another member. And everyone here is welcome there. By the way, one of the guys there, a Squid friend of mine, posted a pic of some 352 J models and that's what got me looking for 573

Lots of good memories, some bad due to bad leaders that seemed to be scattered throughout the community. Needless to say, if I come across any of them here, I will not hold back what I think of them. So I guess I need some clarification from an admin (Hey Howie!!!!) or someone what language is and isn't acceptable, stuff like that.  At USMilVets pretty much anything goes, and I am very used to that freedom of expression.

July 20, 2013 at 3:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Stinar
Site Owner

SSgtRobertMorris at July 20, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Dang what a dead website. Last post a month ago.

ANYway, stumbled across the site trying to look up 573. Saw James Pipes' profile and had to join to send him a msg.

SO.

I   WILL hang out, but not all by myself. So I am going to let folks over at USMilVets.org know about this place. Y'all might accidentally grab another member. And everyone here is welcome there. By the way, one of the guys there, a Squid friend of mine, posted a pic of some 352 J models and that's what got me looking for 573

Lots of good memories, some bad due to bad leaders that seemed to be scattered throughout the community. Needless to say, if I come across any of them here, I will not hold back what I think of them. So I guess I need some clarification from an admin (Hey Howie!!!!) or someone what language is and isn't acceptable, stuff like that.  At USMilVets pretty much anything goes, and I am very used to that freedom of expression.

If there's any suggestions how to make this site more active let me know. It's really my online digital archive for folks to look up photos, history, and find old friends. I have a ton of 573 photos if you wanna get in contact with me at [email protected]

July 21, 2013 at 3:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Chris Ciccone

Stinar, 

FWIW I have the url in a few sig lines of mine at various other forums. If people hang out at other forums if they could do the same, I would help...As we 'bump' into each other, sharing the site helps..I hope others are doing this as well.

July 27, 2013 at 8:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Howie

Morris SSgt type 1 each. How are ya'. I'll try to be a bit more active around these parts. Work, family, and school all take large bites out of my schedule.

--

"Howie" Corporal Type 1 ea.

VMGR-152 Hyd '88-'89

VMGR-352 Hyd/Material Control '89-'95.

November 21, 2013 at 12:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SSgtRobertMorris

Hey Howie!!! Sorry it took so long to get back. Busy you know. I was looking at all the pics you posted. Very good. Too bad the bubble chaser painting got painted over. At least there is a pic of it. I wish I had a pic of the squadron insignia I painted on the hangar of VMO-1. I've been on a patch buying spree for my flight jacket. (The one Neal Pipes gave me when I was a Drill Instructor).Looking for patches for all the units I've been in. Cost me $200 to reproduce the original Operation Northern Wedding/Bold Guard patch from the NATO cruise in '82.

ANYway, shoot me an email or something. I'm in Dallas, I have a standing offer for anyone that knew me in the Marines to have a steak dinner on me if they stop by. Unless they were an asshole.

February 23, 2015 at 2:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Stinar
Site Owner

SSgtRobertMorris at February 23, 2015 at 2:38 AM

Hey Howie!!! Sorry it took so long to get back. Busy you know. I was looking at all the pics you posted. Very good. Too bad the bubble chaser painting got painted over. At least there is a pic of it. I wish I had a pic of the squadron insignia I painted on the hangar of VMO-1. I've been on a patch buying spree for my flight jacket. (The one Neal Pipes gave me when I was a Drill Instructor).Looking for patches for all the units I've been in. Cost me $200 to reproduce the original Operation Northern Wedding/Bold Guard patch from the NATO cruise in '82.

ANYway, shoot me an email or something. I'm in Dallas, I have a standing offer for anyone that knew me in the Marines to have a steak dinner on me if they stop by. Unless they were an asshole.

HAHAHAHAHA!

--

Alan Stinar
Creator, Marine Battleherks
Owner, Lion's Roar Media LLC

February 28, 2015 at 3:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Howie

Good to hear back from you Robert. Things have changed quite a bit from my last post. I now live in Ponca City, OK.

August 22, 2015 at 5:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.